- This event has passed.
[Webinar] Records Management: The Basics of Records Management (Part I)
August 2 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Records Management: Live Webinar Training Series
For more information regarding the entire Records Management Webinar series, click here!
Part 1 – Basics of Records Management
August 2, 2017 (2PM – 4PM EDT)
- Importance of Records Management
- Overview of Florida’s Public Records Law
- The life cycle of a record
- Records storage conditions
- Compliance with public records rules and regulations
- Identifying record series
- Record inventory methods
- How to use records retention schedules and determining retention requirements
- General Records Schedules vs. Individual Retention Schedules
- Review of the GS1-SL General Records Schedule for State and Local Government Agencies
- Discuss disposition requirements
- Access provisions
- Restrictions to access: confidentiality and/or exempt status
- Fees for fulfilling public records requests
- Records Management resources
The class registration fee is $150 per person for entire series or $65 per person for each individual webinar. The series is expected to sell out so we cannot offer any group discounts at this time.
HOW TO ATTEND CLASSES
Fill out the class registration form below and, once submitted, mail your class payment to:
John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government
3200 Commonwealth Blvd., Suite 7
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Payment can be made by check or money order and should be made payable to The Florida Institute of Government at the address listed above.
If you wish to pay by credit or P-card, please call our office at (850) 487-1870, and specify that you would like to pay for the Records Management webinar.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing and received no later than three days prior to the webinar. Registration fee less a $25.00 administrative charge will be refunded. Non attendance does not constitute a refund.
Confirmation of registration with instructions and webinar access codes will be sent through email on the Monday preceding each webinar. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to each registered participant after attending all three sessions.
To register for the entire 3-part webinar series at a discounted rate, click here!
To register for this individual module, click here!