Notice: Department Status (COVID-19)
5/14/20 Update: The Florida Institute of Government is currently operating remotely. To help us serve you in the quickest and most efficient way possible, please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have resumed payment processing - please call (850) 487-1870 for more information. For your convenience, our Online Courses remain available for registration. For additional information or changes regarding FIOG's operational status, please reference https://alerts.fsu.edu/.
Digital Inclusion and ADA Compliance: Accessibility and Useful Techniques
- This course is available for .75 CMC education or .75 MMC advanced education credit; completion of required learning assessments are required to receive IIMC credit.
- Contact Amy Brewer for more information
Florida BAR: (pending)
(Note: Most organizations will award credits for our class if you send them the information the organization requires to meet their credentials for continuing education credits.)
The first session in the series will focus on understanding the wide range of disabilities that can impact equal access to the information you provide, the current legal landscape of ADA compliance and identifying digital barriers. Topics include:
- Understanding who is impacted and what are digital accessibility requirements;
- Comparing what we see and read versus using a screen reader;
- Identifying the Do’s and the Don’ts for digital accessibility according to the most common disabilities;
- Creating digital accessibility policies.
Note: This series is available as 3 standalone webinars or as a full series. For more information on the full series, please click here.
Jenna Reardon serves as ilumino’s SVP of Customer Solutions and is an avid accessibility advocate. She works daily to illuminate the path to digital inclusion by engaging, educating, and inviting people into the world of compliance.